John Came to Texas!

March 18, 2008 at 2:49 PM 1 comment

John came to Texas this past weekend, which was incredible. It was so great to be able to see him and share some of the wedding planning with him while making lots of visits to family and friends. John arrived Thursday night, and we went directly to Alamo Cafe with all his family (minus Catherine, Louie and Victoria). On Friday, we got breakfast at Las Palapas, stopped by Churchill so John could say hi to an old teacher, shopped for shoes, stopped by the tux place to get info, saw Emma and told her about being a flower girl and had her try on her dress, went to our menu tasting for the reception at Sunset Station (which also included a meeting talking about how we want the whole reception to go), drove to Austin, walked around downtown and got gelatto and a beer (at Pachugo and Hickory Street, respectively), ate dinner at Trudy’s, watched LOST, and went to John’s SURPRISE PARTY! I’m so glad the surprise party stayed a surprise and so many people were able to come and spend time with John. It was great, because John was pretty upset that none of his friends were answering their phones prior to that. :o)

Needless to say, we were both exhausted after Friday, but Saturday was another whirlwind day. We got breakfast at Magnolia, went shopping for hostess gifts at Central Market, had lunch at Docs, drove back to San Antonio and went to the engagement party for us thrown by his parents. The engagement party was very tiring but was also a lot of fun. I think we had a small taste of what our wedding day will be like. It was crazy…everyone wanted to talk to us!

Sunday we went to breakfast at Jim’s and then went and picked out the tuxes for the wedding. We had lunch at Panera Bread with John’s mom, Marcus and Sarah and then headed back to Austin. We got in just in time for 5 PM church and then headed to Kristen and Shay’s afterward. We hung out for a bit and then went to dinner at Chipotle.

On Monday, we only had time to pack up, stop by Taco C for some tacos for John and head back to San Antonio and go straight to the airport. John flew from SA to Dallas and Dallas to Frankfurt. His SA flight was on time, but his Dallas flight was 5 hours late!!! From what I understand, the first plane arrived an hour and a half late because they didn’t have personnel to bring it over from the hanger and then after the boarded and got ready for take off, they realized they were having engine troubles, so everyone got off the plane and they had to wait for a new one. They finally took off after 7:30, when their flight had been scheduled for 2:35. What a pain!

John is back safe and sound at the barracks now, though. We both had a whirlwind weekend, and now he’s trying to readjust to German time.

Now that I have caught everyone up on this weekend, I’ll share what everyone really goes for – the photos.

Vodpod videos no longer available.


Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Julia’s 1st Birthday! It’s Not Raining Men, but…

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. Laura  |  March 20, 2008 at 1:54 AM

    I loved seeing the pictures! It looked like it was a really nice party. So sorry I couldn’t make it. It was good to see you this weekend though John. Am I going to see you again Sarah? 😉


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

If you want to receive our blog posts in your email inbox, just click below and follow the instructions!

Join 8 other followers


Read the Printed Word!

%d bloggers like this: